Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Nun With A Southern Twang

Having been a victim of the
Catholic School System,
for 14 fun-filled years,
I thought about how much time
 I spent under the influence.

Yet when I further dissect the experience,
I come to realize that
all of my nuns came from the same place --
The State of Rhode Island.

There are only 1.4 Jewish People
 in the entire state.

Oh wait.
That's 1.4% of the entire population
of Rhode Island.



My bad.

But it certainly explains
 why I'm not writing of the
mass exodus of Rabbi's
 out of The Ocean State...



The Nunsters have it.



The Official Nickname of Rhode Island
 should not be "Little Rhody"
 nor should it be
"The Ocean State..."


It should be

"The Sister State."


Could be worse.





Could be "The Mother State."





It took until I was in
the third grade to
intellectually get it,
that Rhode Island did not
 export nuns as their
biggest GDP...
although the Quahog clam
seems to be running
neck and neck with the Nunsters.








 See?                                  See?
      They come from the Sea!            They come from the Sea!     








Talk about a strong case for
for some wicked-strong 
legislation for





 Nun Control.






So, in my long-winded way,
I got to thinking about what
 a little diversity in
the nunery would look like...



Or more importantly,
sound like.


Having all of those
Sisters & Mothers
out of New England,
I can't help but feel I was robbed
of the experience of some
culturally mixed up geography in these ladies.



What the heck
would a red-neck
nun sound like, anyway?

Sweet, yet stupid-like?
(forgive me, Lord...)


Ever hear a nun say,




Y'll??





Yikes.





I don't want to know if my nun had
baled hay and could rope a dogie
from the time she was 10.

I mean, she had to have had 
some semblance of a life,
before committing herself to
 The Archdiocese of New York, right?



Did my nun eat pork rinds?


Was she a NASCAR fan?










For Crikey's Sake!

Did she ever tip a cow

in her misspent youth?






"Thank you...
Thank you very much.
I'll be here all week.
Don't forget to Tip Your Cow."


Jus' Wondering....




~SusiTheJ~
Free at Last

4 comments:

  1. This was good! keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, Thank You Anonymous...Thank You Very Much!
    Don't forget to tip your cow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the most freakish lovable imaginative humorous person I have even known and I love you for it. Don't ever change CHICKY!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, shucks, Mair....Love you, too!
      Happy Birthday...

      Delete